Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard is innovative, dependable, and effective for IT data management. It is an affordable option for small to medium-sized organizations. It includes faster insights from data familiar tools like Excel and Microsoft 365 and delivers mission-critical performance across workloads with built-in-memory technologies.
SQL Server 2014 has a number of virtualization or cloud-related capabilities that provide a consistent data platform from on-premise to cloud.
- It provides more exceptional capabilities by offering double memory of 128GB.
- Offers excellent flexibility for on the premises deployment in a hybrid or cloud environment, which can be managed through familiar toolsets without additional resources
- Boosts of reliable mission-critical applications with a new in-memory OLTP engine that provides between 10 to 30 times transaction performance gains.
- The updatable in-memory column-store can query up to 100 faster than a legacy solution, while at the same time offering a secure database.
- Get insights about your data quickly with a complete BI platform that speeds up how you access, manage, clean, and shape both internal and external data.
- The SQL Server has a proven, reliable performance that consistently leads in TPC-H, TPC-E, and real-world performance benchmark. It is SAP-Certified to run some of the demanding workloads. You can get more virtualized performance with the IO governance in Resource Governor.
- High availability faster failover better use of hardware resources and improved manageability through AlwaysOn.
- Provides SQL Server data Tools for BI which include; SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) -with vast analytical and data mining capabilities, SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)-which allows you to share analysis in different formats. You can format your reports in PDF, CVS, TIFF, XML, and Excel.
- Features SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)- for smooth workflow and data integration. With improved data warehousing and data extraction, you can use SSIS to automate updates.
- Faster data backup compression and encryption. Apart from data encryption, the tool also supports several security features, including necessary auditing, user-defined roles, which provides access to the server that a particular user requires.
The server that Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition is installed on must have this software:
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC), SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT), the Report Designer component of Reporting Services, and HTML Help required Internet Explorer 7 or later.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard does not install or enable Windows PowerShell 2.0. However, SQL Server Management Studio and Database Engine components require PowerShell 2.0, so it must be installed on the server.
- You can install or enable PowerShell 2.0 using the directions in the Windows Management Framework page if Setup shows that Windows PowerShell 2.0 has not been installed.
- .NET 3.5 SP1 is a requirement for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition when Database Engine, Reporting Services, Replication, Master Data Services, Data Quality Services, or SQL Server Management Studio are being used (SQL Server Setup will not install .NET 3.5 SP1).
- If you do not have .NET 3.5 SP1 installed when you run SQL Server Setup on Microsoft Windows 8 or Microsoft Windows Server 2008 computers, SQL Server Setup will stop and prompt you to download and install.NET 3.5 SP1 before continuing the SQL Server installation.
- The message that SQL Server Setup displays will include a link to the Microsoft download center, or you can download .NET 3.5 SP1 from Windows Update. You can also download and install .NET 3.5 SP1 prior to running SQL Server Setup to avoid any disruption in your installation.
- If you run Setup on a computer with the Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 OS, .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 must be enabled before you begin installing Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition.
Note: For help downloading and installing .NET 3.5 SP1 on computers running Windows 8 or Microsoft Windows Server 2012, go to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
- NET 4.0, which is required for Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition, is installed by SQL Server Setup as part of the feature installation step.
SQL Server Setup will also install these required software components:
- .NET Framework 4 1
- SQL Server Native Client