If you have a business, you simply can’t spare the expense of a server, regardless of whether you own a conglomerate or a small company. Today’s working climate demands computers in any business venture under the sun, and often times a single machine isn’t going to get you anywhere. The solution, then, is a network of computers that ensures everything is well-connected and working in unison at all times. This calls for pinpoint precision and extensive efficiency.
You get all of that and more with Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. This revised version introduces useful new features, as well as crucial bug fixes and improvements, guaranteeing the smooth operation of not just your server, but the processes within the software itself as well.
The Standard edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 is designed with the end purpose of substantially improving the working process and the functionality of the software. A variety of new features have been added, compared to its predecessor. Stick around to get a comprehensive look at the new excellent additions which make 2008 R2 Standard a more than worthy contender deserving of the Windows Server badge:
- Server manager console. The new server manager in the R2 Standard edition of Windows Server 2008 represents the Microsoft Management Console, but with a few twists. It grants access to viewing and managing the various virtual tools and functions that are key contributors to the enhanced productivity of your server. 2008 R2 Standard emphasizes on easing the task of navigating and securing multiple server roles in an enterprise. The Server Manager is your trusty, all-in-one tool that keeps everything at an arm’s reach and organized to perfection. It eliminates any requirements of admin intervention during the process of deploying servers. Instead, it offers recommended security settings, giving you the freedom of choosing your approach instead of pigeonholing you into a default option.
- Active Directory Recycle Bin. If you’ve ever used a Windows OS, which is most likely the case, you’re familiar with the handy Recycle Bin. It allows you to take a second look at files you have deleted before you make the final decision to remove them permanently. This feature is now available for servers as well with the 2008 R2 Standard. IT personnel are very often inconvenienced by the lack of efficient recovery options for Active Directory objects. Accidents happen - with the improved functionality offered by the Active Directory Recycle Bin, it’s fast and easy to undo deletion mishaps in Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. Just like your regular Windows!
- Additional networking features. Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard introduces numerous networking enhancements which result in more convenience for the user. You can connect and stay connected, no matter the location or network type with new features like Direct Access, which assists you in securing access to enterprise networks without the extra hassle of running a VPN (a virtual private network). The improvements don’t stop here, though - there’s plenty more to be explored and utilized in the 2008 R2 iteration of Windows Server, including excellent tools that enable IT, professionals, to meet their business’ demands to the highest standard.
- Group Policy management made easy with PowerShell. The PowerShell feature is present in Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and offers truly automated maintenance of Group Policy. You can create cmdlets to your liking with this new addition instead of the workaround that was used in prior versions, which involved the use of the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) and numerous scripts. Now you have a set of 25 cmdlets at your disposal that you can use through PowerShell, allowing for quick and clean backup, restoration, and configuration of Group Policy objects.
- New and improved ADMX functionality. Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard also features several valuable enhancements to the ADMX editor and various support elements related to it. The ADMX schema has been updated to include the QWORD and MultiSZ registry types, and the ADMX editor itself enjoys a complete overhaul. Improvements to the editor include a resizable window, text clipping prevention, and easier access to information such as settings, the Help menu, and comments.
- Memory: 512MB
- Hard Disk: 10GB or more. Systems with RAM in excess of 16GB will require greater amounts of disk space to accommodate paging, hibernation, and dump files
- Computer Processor: 1.4GHZ 64-bit
- Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Drive
- OS Drive:: 480GB SSD RAID 1 or better
- What are OEM products?
OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) products or software are generally full-version software and will not function as an upgrade. An OEM product is always licensed for one computer, is not transferable, and does not come with technical support from the manufacturer.
- What are Retail Software products?
Retail Software products are the same products you would purchase at local software stores. They are packaged for retail sale and usually include the retail box, CDs, a manual, the paper license agreement, and an Activation key. Similar to OEM software, a Retail Product is licensed for use on one computer only.
- What is a digital download?
A digital download is an electronic version of your software product, giving you access to download and use your new software immediately. This means that a physical CD or DVD disc is not included in your purchase. The software install program is downloaded through cloud-based storage.
- Is your software legitimate?
All our software products are 100% legitimate and authentic. They are all covered by our company's hassle-free money-back guarantee.
- How can I be certain that my copy of Microsoft Office is legitimate?
We encourage all our customers to register their email address with their specific Microsoft Office Product key via Microsoft online activation to ensure verification and tracking of their authentic software products.
- How are you able to sell the software for so cheap?
We work directly with our supplier to purchase large volumes to get the lowest rate possible. Because we save on costs, we want to ensure our valued customers save too.
- Can I buy one licensed software and install on multiple computers?
OEM and Retail Product software licenses are designed to install and activate on one computer only, unless otherwise specified.
- Am I able to re-install the software on another machine should my operating system crashed or computer hardware failed?
OEM and Retail software licenses will allow activation on one machine only.
- Can I order a hardcopy DVD/CD disc of the software I purchased?
Here at softwaredepot.co, we rely on fast and efficient digital delivery service. This means no waiting for a physical product to be delivered, you can download your new software immediately. You have the option to backup your software after purchase to the device of your preference (ex. USB drive, disc, external hard drive).
- Is Windows Vista upgradable to Windows 7, 8 or 10?
Absolutely, it is possible to upgrade Windows Vista to a more recent Microsoft Windows edition. However, this process will require a 'Clean' or 'Parallel Installation', followed by selecting the Custom-Install process. Please refer to your machine's hardware specification for more information on installation.
- Do you supply software products in volume or bulk orders?
Large-volume purchases can certainly be arranged by contacting us directly, via email, live chat, or phone. We'll send you a comprehensive quotation with details of the product of your interest.
- When items are out of stock, how long does it take for those items to be restocked?
We strive to keep the volume of our inventory sufficient for our customers. In the event that we run out of a particular product, we will do our utmost to inform customers immediately and re-supply our stock to fill your order in the most expedient method possible.
- Can I exchange the software I purchased for a higher edition if I have changed my mind or need something different (i.e. from Home & Student to Home & Business)?
We follow our company's Return Policy strictly to avoid possibly invalidating the product key for your software.
- How do I request a price match from softwaredepot.co?
When making a purchase, price match requests from softwaredepot.co are handled via Chat or Email. Please send us the URL link of the lower price that is still in effect that you want us to price match. softwaredepot.co will then review and verify the price match request and the authenticity of the competitor's products.
- What do I need to provide?
You'll need to provide: The URL of the competitor's offer you'd like us to beat. The competitor's sale price.
- How Digital Downloads Work?
Step 1: Search for the desired product. Step 2: Select the software you need. Step 3: Proceed to cart as a quest or create an account. Step 4: Receive your software in minutes in your email. Final Step: Download and Install your purchased software.
- How to uninstall your Download?
Mac: Step 1: Click on Finder icon, Step 2: Click on Application folder, Step 3: Drag the Microsoft Office folder to Trash., Step 4: Remove preference and license files and Office folder and Open library folder and move all com.microsoft files to trash, Step 5: Empty thrash, If there’s anything in Trash you want to keep, be sure to make a copy before you continue, Click Finder > Empty Trash. Windows: Step 1: Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button, Step 2: Click on Control Panel, Step 3: After click on Programs option, Step 4: And then, Click on Programs and Features and follow the Microsoft Office instruction.