- An electronic code will be emailed to you 15-30 minutes after checkout.
If you have a business, you simply can’t spare the expense of a server, regardless of whether you own a conglomerate or a small company. Today’s working climate demands computers in any business venture under the sun, and often times a single machine isn’t going to get you anywhere. The solution, then, is a network of computers that ensures everything is well-connected and working in unison at all times. This calls for pinpoint precision and extensive efficiency.
You get all of that and more with Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. This revised version introduces useful new features, as well as crucial bug fixes and improvements, guaranteeing the smooth operation of not just your server, but the processes within the software itself as well.
The Standard edition of Windows Server 2008 R2 is designed with the end purpose of substantially improving the working process and the functionality of the software. A variety of new features have been added, compared to its predecessor. Stick around to get a comprehensive look at the new excellent additions which make 2008 R2 Standard a more than worthy contender deserving of the Windows Server badge:
- Server manager console. The new server manager in the R2 Standard edition of Windows Server 2008 represents the Microsoft Management Console, but with a few twists. It grants access to viewing and managing the various virtual tools and functions that are key contributors to the enhanced productivity of your server. 2008 R2 Standard emphasizes on easing the task of navigating and securing multiple server roles in an enterprise. The Server Manager is your trusty, all-in-one tool that keeps everything at an arm’s reach and organized to perfection. It eliminates any requirements of admin intervention during the process of deploying servers. Instead, it offers recommended security settings, giving you the freedom of choosing your approach instead of pigeonholing you into a default option.
- Active Directory Recycle Bin. If you’ve ever used a Windows OS, which is most likely the case, you’re familiar with the handy Recycle Bin. It allows you to take a second look at files you have deleted before you make the final decision to remove them permanently. This feature is now available for servers as well with the 2008 R2 Standard. IT personnel are very often inconvenienced by the lack of efficient recovery options for Active Directory objects. Accidents happen - with the improved functionality offered by the Active Directory Recycle Bin, it’s fast and easy to undo deletion mishaps in Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. Just like your regular Windows!
- Additional networking features. Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard introduces numerous networking enhancements which result in more convenience for the user. You can connect and stay connected, no matter the location or network type with new features like Direct Access, which assists you in securing access to enterprise networks without the extra hassle of running a VPN (a virtual private network). The improvements don’t stop here, though - there’s plenty more to be explored and utilized in the 2008 R2 iteration of Windows Server, including excellent tools that enable IT, professionals, to meet their business’ demands to the highest standard.
- Group Policy management made easy with PowerShell. The PowerShell feature is present in Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and offers truly automated maintenance of Group Policy. You can create cmdlets to your liking with this new addition instead of the workaround that was used in prior versions, which involved the use of the Group Policy Management Console (GPMC) and numerous scripts. Now you have a set of 25 cmdlets at your disposal that you can use through PowerShell, allowing for quick and clean backup, restoration, and configuration of Group Policy objects.
- New and improved ADMX functionality. Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard also features several valuable enhancements to the ADMX editor and various support elements related to it. The ADMX schema has been updated to include the QWORD and MultiSZ registry types, and the ADMX editor itself enjoys a complete overhaul. Improvements to the editor include a resizable window, text clipping prevention, and easier access to information such as settings, the Help menu, and comments.
- Memory: 512MB
- Hard Disk: 10GB or more. Systems with RAM in excess of 16GB will require greater amounts of disk space to accommodate paging, hibernation, and dump files
- Computer Processor: 1.4GHZ 64-bit
- Optical Drive: DVD-ROM Drive
- OS Drive:: 480GB SSD RAID 1 or better
Over 200 Trusted 5-Star Reviews
Reloading Office 21
Had an issue reloading an office product after buying a new computer. Chatted on line with Paul and he solved the issue in less than 5 minutes. Excellent response time and fix actions. Thanks again!
Grag S 12/30/2022
Eric in tech support - EXCELLENT
Eric in tech support was very helpful to me in helping me to revert my Outlook to an earlier version so that it would work offline for me. Very helpful for me! And he provided me the steps to transfer my Outlook data from my old Mini to my new one. He was pleasant, had a helpful positive attitude and had the know how to help me. He is an excellent tech person.
Bill Wadsworth 12/16/2022
An excellent experience
I just spent some time with Daniel. He is by far the best computer assistant that has ever helped online. No only was he extremely knowledgeable but his demeanor was nothing but professional. I can't say enough about Daniel. He made an old man very happy.
Purchased Office 2019 - Recommend Softwaredepot!
I bought a Microsoft Office product and everything worked out perfectly! The software came with a link and detailed instructions on uninstalling, removing prior licenses, and installing the new products. I ran into one minor issue with the licensing and contacted Support via Chat. Daniel helped me and did an outstanding job of helping and resolving my issue. I highly recommend Softwaredepot and if you need any help - ask for Daniel! :)
I recently purchased a product from…
I recently purchased a product from Softwaredepot and had some difficulty installing the product. I started a chat with Adin and he was able to help me resolve all the problems on my MAC. He quickly replied to all my messages, his expertise in using the MAC was very helpful in aiding me to run all the recovery procedures. I was able to install and test the purchased product. I really appreciate that Adin is on your customer service team. Thank you for the support.
Great Prices & Excellent Service
I’m certainly glad I decided to take a chance on Softwaredepot.co. Before I made my purchase, I read a lot of favorable reviews and noticed that people gave high marks for customer service. I have to agree with that, because Paul helped me every step of the way - from purchase to download to installation. I was very pleased.