- Instant Digital Download
- 24/7 live chat
- 90 Days Money Back
- Certified Partner
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Standard is your right link from virtual to reality and vice versa. This is the best network server when building your business by starting small but eventually becoming big.
The Windows Server 2008 Standard edition is considered an entry-level and is appropriate for small businesses and organizations. But don’t let the “entry-level” tag fool you as it is still packed with very useful features such as the following:
- Server Manager: The only place to be when managing server needs. It’s ready to use on a regular basis and provides a user interface for management of installed tools like Application Server, Active Directory Domain Service, DHCP Server, DNS Server, Terminal Services, Device Manager, File Service, WMI Control, Windows Firewall, Event Viewer, and among others including Windows Server Backup. Each component has dedicated pages where you can access relevant information to fix problems, get more details, and access to other important tools.
- Server Core: A new easy to follow a command-line based tool that is designed to minimize the use of the server surface as less as possible when you download Server 2008 Standard.
- BitLocker Encryption (Full Drive): Protect your data from being lost or stolen on an easy to retrieve file location. This is a valuable tool as hackers will not be able to penetrate the system’s hard drive.
- IP Address Management: This is an IP address manager and at the same time a network discovery as well as a dynamic and static address allocator, DHCP and DNS monitoring tool, and network auditing capability also. With this tool, IP address management is more than keeping records of transactions but at time a saving feature that will reduce some of your to-do things regarding IP management.
- Read-Only Domain Controller: This will allow the administration to configure databases as read-only domain controller (RODC) replication with two -directions instead of unitary direction. This is important when your company or organization has branches or remote location and are connected to your main domain. Thus, you have a protective armor if you have very weak remote servers with every Windows Server 2008 Standard download.
- Dynamic Access Control: This feature will help you create another layer of protective measure to your files like creating a rule to limit file access to certain groups of people or members of departments or sections.
Over 200 Trusted 5-Star Reviews
Easy to download. Thanks a lot.
Lynette Platt 09/01/2023
Thanks again, as I needed a solution to installation at the time that was met and completed without complaint.Recognising product that you need and t a very comparable price that I could afford.
Daniel was incredibly helpful
Daniel, at SoftwareDepot was incredibly helpful to me in resolving some activation issues I was having given that I use an older iMac. I would highly recommend working with Daniel. Job well done.
Tony M. 08/30/2023
What's the difference between Office 365 and Office 2019?
You get the premium Office software with the Office 365 subscription plans: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access (Publisher and Access are only available on a PC). Office 365 can be enabled across various devices, including PCs, Macs, Android tablets, Android phones, iPad ®, and iPhone ®. Office 365 also comes with services such as 1 TB OneDrive room, 60 Skype minutes a month and support for Microsoft chat and phone. You get the new versions of the software with a subscription, and also receive updates as they happen. Learn more about Office 365.
Office 2019 is a one-time purchase that includes classic PC or Mac applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and does not contain any of the features that come with an Office 365 subscription. One-time purchases do not have an upgrade option, which means you would need to buy it at full price if you intend to upgrade to the next major update.
How do I know my PC or Mac can run Office?
By viewing the requirements, you can verify if your computer will support your Office version.
Will Office be identical on a PC, a Mac, and a mobile device?
No. Office applications are designed to better function on each system and platform. The Office applications and version numbers available to Mac users can vary from those available to PC users.
Can people with an earlier version of Office open documents I created using Office 365 or Office 2019?
Office 365, Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 2007, Office for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2008 applications can open your documents without further intervention. Customers using earlier Office versions would need to download and install a compatibility pack.
Is Internet access required for Office?
Internet access is required for downloading and enabling all the new Office suites releases and all Office 365 subscription plans. Internet access is also required for Office 365 plans to control your subscription account, e.g. to install Office on other PCs or to change billing options. Internet access for documents stored on OneDrive is also required, unless you install OneDrive desktop app.To keep your Office edition up-to-date and benefit from automatic updates, you should also connect to the Internet regularly. When you do not connect to the Internet at least every 31 days, your applications will go into reduced functionality mode, which means you can access or print your documents, but you will not be able to update or build new documents. Simplify reactivating your Office software by reconnecting the Internet.
To use the Office software, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you don't need to be linked to the Internet because the programs are completely installed on your computer.
What is the maximum number of Office licenses I can activate using the same Microsoft account?
Users can activate 1 Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscription, and up to 25 Office Home & Student 2019, Office Home & Business 2019, and Office Professional 2019 licenses.