- An electronic code will be emailed to you 15-30 minutes after checkout.
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter is not only an operating system, but it also enables you to make great things happen for work or business.
When Microsoft unveiled the latest incarnation of the Windows Server series, it was widely expected that there will be numerous bonus features that will be expected in this edition. True to it, you will find several additions and reasons why you need this OS.
More notable features of the Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter include the following:
- Desktop and Server Virtualisation benefits include 8 socket or 64 sockets, 64cores, 1 terabyte of memory, 16 cluster nodes, 384, VMs or virtual machines (if you can afford it.) With that, you have greater storage options.
- With new Hyper V nodes that let you move from running virtual machines and the server without interruptions. With failover embellishment, power outages or service distractions are no longer a problem.
- Enhanced server management where you have a one-stop-shop for just everything you need. Thus, even if you do not have enough IT expertise, the user interface will let you set up tasks involved.
- The remote manager is another reason why you need this operating system. With this feature, you can access the Server Manager in a remote mode through other computer systems. All you have to do is sit and access other servers in your network.
- Core Parking is another saving feature wherewith this server just block functions that are not in use thus you save on power.
- PowerShell 2.0 includes enhanced WMI cmdlets and support enable scripts for remote systems. It also has a new GUI PowerShell for debugging and developing PowerShell scripts.
- Active Directory Administrative Center which replaces the old Active Directory, Sites and Services, Users and Computer Management, Domains, and Trust tools.
- With the Direct Access feature, you can securely connect to different types of corporate services like SharePoint, File Shares, Intranet sites, Email, and Line of Business programs and applications.
By using the Server Manager Add Wizard, you can install important tools such as the following:
- Background Intelligent File Transfer Service
- BitLocker Drive Encryption
- Desktop Experience
- Connection Manager Kit
- Group Policy Management
- Direct Access
- Internet Printing Client
- Message Queuing
- Net Framework
- Remote Assistance
- Mail and File Transfer
- Services for Network File
These are the estimated requirements your system must fulfill in order for your Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter download to work best.
- Processors: Processor – 1.4 GHz or higher
- Memory: RAM – A minimum of 512MB and a maximum of 32 GB
- Hard Drive: Disk space requirements – at least 32GB
- Processors: Processor – 1.4 GHz or higher
Over 200 Trusted 5-Star Reviews
Reloading Office 21
Had an issue reloading an office product after buying a new computer. Chatted on line with Paul and he solved the issue in less than 5 minutes. Excellent response time and fix actions. Thanks again!
Grag S 12/30/2022
Eric in tech support - EXCELLENT
Eric in tech support was very helpful to me in helping me to revert my Outlook to an earlier version so that it would work offline for me. Very helpful for me! And he provided me the steps to transfer my Outlook data from my old Mini to my new one. He was pleasant, had a helpful positive attitude and had the know how to help me. He is an excellent tech person.
Bill Wadsworth 12/16/2022
An excellent experience
I just spent some time with Daniel. He is by far the best computer assistant that has ever helped online. No only was he extremely knowledgeable but his demeanor was nothing but professional. I can't say enough about Daniel. He made an old man very happy.
Purchased Office 2019 - Recommend Softwaredepot!
I bought a Microsoft Office product and everything worked out perfectly! The software came with a link and detailed instructions on uninstalling, removing prior licenses, and installing the new products. I ran into one minor issue with the licensing and contacted Support via Chat. Daniel helped me and did an outstanding job of helping and resolving my issue. I highly recommend Softwaredepot and if you need any help - ask for Daniel! :)
I recently purchased a product from…
I recently purchased a product from Softwaredepot and had some difficulty installing the product. I started a chat with Adin and he was able to help me resolve all the problems on my MAC. He quickly replied to all my messages, his expertise in using the MAC was very helpful in aiding me to run all the recovery procedures. I was able to install and test the purchased product. I really appreciate that Adin is on your customer service team. Thank you for the support.
Great Prices & Excellent Service
I’m certainly glad I decided to take a chance on Softwaredepot.co. Before I made my purchase, I read a lot of favorable reviews and noticed that people gave high marks for customer service. I have to agree with that, because Paul helped me every step of the way - from purchase to download to installation. I was very pleased.