- Instant Digital Download
- 24/7 live chat
- 90 Days Money Back
- Certified Partner
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 builds on Windows 10 Pro (version 1809) adding premium features designed to address the needs of large and mid-size organizations (including large academic institutions), such as:
- Advanced protection against modern security threats
- Full flexibility of OS deployment
- Updating and support options
- Comprehensive device and app management and control capabilities
The Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 release is an important release for LTSC users because it includes the cumulative enhancements provided in Windows 10 (versions 1703, 1709, 1803, and 1809).
Windows LTSC version is a special Windows edition with long-term support. In the Windows LTSC versions (earlier they were called LTSB – Long-Term Servicing Branch) Microsoft focuses on system stability.
In Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019, the operating system doesn’t have the following features
- Edge browser;
- Microsoft Store;
- Preinstalled UWP apps (apps from Microsoft Store, both official and third-party ones). Even a Photo Viewer must be enabled manually;
- Virtual assistant Cortana;
- Windows Ink Workspace, a digital pen;
- There is no hardware support for VP9/HEVC ( used on YouTube, encrypted video streams – Netflix, Amazon Video, etc.).
In addition, Windows 10 LTSC Start Menu is empty – you won’t see any icons of preinstalled apps. Because of the absence of unnecessary UWP apps, you don’t need to update them (the system downloads and installs only critical security updates), and there is fewer active processes number in the Task Manager. This is why Windows 10 LTSC may be installed on old models of PCs or laptops with 2 (or even 1!) GB of RAM. It also takes up less disk space.
Since Windows 10 LTSC is based on the Enterprise edition, there is a set of all necessary software and features to be used in corporate networks (Windows To Go, AppLocker, Local Group Policy Editor – gpedit.msc, you can join this Windows edition to the Active Directory domain, integrated Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) support and User Environment Virtualization (UE-V), Device Guard and Credential Guard, DirectAccess, Branch Cache, advanced telemetry management options, etc.).
- Microsoft Intune: Microsoft Intune supports Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 and later. This includes support for features such as Windows Autopilot. However, note that Windows Update for Business (WUfB) does not currently support any LTSC releases, therefore you should use WSUS or Configuration Manager for patching.
- Security: This version of Windows 10 includes security improvements for threat protection, information protection, and identity protection.
- Threat protection and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: The Microsoft Defender for Endpoint platform includes the security pillars shown in the following diagram. In this version of Windows, Defender for Endpoint includes powerful analytics, security stack integration, and centralized management for better detection, prevention, investigation, response, and management.
- Attack surface reduction: Attack surface reduction includes host-based intrusion prevention systems such as controlled folder access. This feature can help prevent ransomware and other destructive malware from changing your personal files.
- Windows Defender Firewall: Windows Defender Firewall now supports Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) processes. You can add specific rules for a WSL process just as you would for any Windows process. Also, Windows Defender Firewall now supports notifications for WSL processes.
- Endpoint detection and response: Endpoint detection and response is improved. Enterprise customers can now take advantage of the entire Windows security stack with Microsoft Defender Antivirus detections and Device Guard blocks being surfaced in the Microsoft Defender for Endpoint portal.
- Windows Information Protection: Windows Information Protection is now designed to work with Microsoft Office and Azure Information Protection. For more information, see Deploying and managing Windows Information Protection (WIP) with Azure Information Protection.
- BitLocker: The minimum PIN length is being changed from 6 to 4, with a default of 6.
- Identity protection: Improvements have been added are to Windows Hello for Business and Credential Guard.
- Windows Hello for Business: New features in Windows Hello enable a better device lock experience, using multifactor unlock with new location and user proximity signals. Using Bluetooth signals, you can configure your Windows 10 device to automatically lock when you walk away from it, or to prevent others from accessing the device when you are not present.
Over 200 Trusted 5-Star Reviews
Easy to download. Thanks a lot.
Lynette Platt 09/01/2023
Thanks again, as I needed a solution to installation at the time that was met and completed without complaint.Recognising product that you need and t a very comparable price that I could afford.
Daniel was incredibly helpful
Daniel, at SoftwareDepot was incredibly helpful to me in resolving some activation issues I was having given that I use an older iMac. I would highly recommend working with Daniel. Job well done.
Tony M. 08/30/2023
What's the difference between Office 365 and Office 2019?
You get the premium Office software with the Office 365 subscription plans: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access (Publisher and Access are only available on a PC). Office 365 can be enabled across various devices, including PCs, Macs, Android tablets, Android phones, iPad ®, and iPhone ®. Office 365 also comes with services such as 1 TB OneDrive room, 60 Skype minutes a month and support for Microsoft chat and phone. You get the new versions of the software with a subscription, and also receive updates as they happen. Learn more about Office 365.
Office 2019 is a one-time purchase that includes classic PC or Mac applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and does not contain any of the features that come with an Office 365 subscription. One-time purchases do not have an upgrade option, which means you would need to buy it at full price if you intend to upgrade to the next major update.
How do I know my PC or Mac can run Office?
By viewing the requirements, you can verify if your computer will support your Office version.
Will Office be identical on a PC, a Mac, and a mobile device?
No. Office applications are designed to better function on each system and platform. The Office applications and version numbers available to Mac users can vary from those available to PC users.
Can people with an earlier version of Office open documents I created using Office 365 or Office 2019?
Office 365, Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 2007, Office for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2008 applications can open your documents without further intervention. Customers using earlier Office versions would need to download and install a compatibility pack.
Is Internet access required for Office?
Internet access is required for downloading and enabling all the new Office suites releases and all Office 365 subscription plans. Internet access is also required for Office 365 plans to control your subscription account, e.g. to install Office on other PCs or to change billing options. Internet access for documents stored on OneDrive is also required, unless you install OneDrive desktop app.To keep your Office edition up-to-date and benefit from automatic updates, you should also connect to the Internet regularly. When you do not connect to the Internet at least every 31 days, your applications will go into reduced functionality mode, which means you can access or print your documents, but you will not be able to update or build new documents. Simplify reactivating your Office software by reconnecting the Internet.
To use the Office software, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you don't need to be linked to the Internet because the programs are completely installed on your computer.
What is the maximum number of Office licenses I can activate using the same Microsoft account?
Users can activate 1 Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscription, and up to 25 Office Home & Student 2019, Office Home & Business 2019, and Office Professional 2019 licenses.