- Instant Digital Download
- 24/7 live chat
- 90 Days Money Back
- Certified Partner
Find rich programming capabilities, security innovations, and fast performance for mid-tier applications and data marts. Easily upgrade to the Enterprise edition without having to change any code. SQL Server 2016 Standard edition delivers basic data management and business intelligence database for departments and small organizations to run their applications and supports common development tools for on-premise and cloud-enabling effective database management with minimal IT resources.
- Build intelligent and mission-critical apps for OLTP with a breakthrough in performance, scalability, and availability.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 allows you to protect data both in motion and at rest. It is one of the least vulnerable databases in the NIST vulnerability databases.
- Transform your data into actionable insights by delivering insights on any device.
- Use R, the most popular statistical language to analyze data directly within the SQL databases without moving the data.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 now includes various options for faster queries. The memory-optimized tables currently support faster OLTP workloads with a better throughput due to new Parallelize operations.
- The analysis service now supports two different modes for faster reporting; tabular and multidimensional. Using the DirectQuery feature generates better and simpler queries than the earlier versions.
- Introduces three principal security features; Row Level Security, Always Encrypted, and Dynamic Data Masking. Due to the innovative client-side encryption, the SQL server Instance never sees the unencrypted version of the data.
- Use Row-Level security to configure tables that users can see. The feature limits in which rows are returned to a user regardless of the application they using by automatically applying a predicate to the query.
- Use Dynamic Data Masking to obfuscate sensitive data portion and specifically allow users to view the unmasked data.
- SQL Server 2016 Supports temporal tables, which is a new Standard in ANSI SQL 2011. You can use Transact-SQL to create and query tables relative to a specific point in time.
- With the addition of JSON to SQL Server 2016, you can now support both relational and non-relational data structures and choose the right model for your data workloads and requirements.
- With SQL Server 2016, it’s possible to use PolyBase to query data in Azure Blob Storage and Hadoop by combining the results with relational data stored in the SQL server.
- Improved Azure SQL databases and better reporting by supporting two new data visualization and improved parameter layout options.
Over 200 Trusted 5-Star Reviews
Easy to download. Thanks a lot.
Lynette Platt 09/01/2023
Thanks again, as I needed a solution to installation at the time that was met and completed without complaint.Recognising product that you need and t a very comparable price that I could afford.
Daniel was incredibly helpful
Daniel, at SoftwareDepot was incredibly helpful to me in resolving some activation issues I was having given that I use an older iMac. I would highly recommend working with Daniel. Job well done.
Tony M. 08/30/2023
What's the difference between Office 365 and Office 2019?
You get the premium Office software with the Office 365 subscription plans: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access (Publisher and Access are only available on a PC). Office 365 can be enabled across various devices, including PCs, Macs, Android tablets, Android phones, iPad ®, and iPhone ®. Office 365 also comes with services such as 1 TB OneDrive room, 60 Skype minutes a month and support for Microsoft chat and phone. You get the new versions of the software with a subscription, and also receive updates as they happen. Learn more about Office 365.
Office 2019 is a one-time purchase that includes classic PC or Mac applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and does not contain any of the features that come with an Office 365 subscription. One-time purchases do not have an upgrade option, which means you would need to buy it at full price if you intend to upgrade to the next major update.
How do I know my PC or Mac can run Office?
By viewing the requirements, you can verify if your computer will support your Office version.
Will Office be identical on a PC, a Mac, and a mobile device?
No. Office applications are designed to better function on each system and platform. The Office applications and version numbers available to Mac users can vary from those available to PC users.
Can people with an earlier version of Office open documents I created using Office 365 or Office 2019?
Office 365, Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 2007, Office for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2008 applications can open your documents without further intervention. Customers using earlier Office versions would need to download and install a compatibility pack.
Is Internet access required for Office?
Internet access is required for downloading and enabling all the new Office suites releases and all Office 365 subscription plans. Internet access is also required for Office 365 plans to control your subscription account, e.g. to install Office on other PCs or to change billing options. Internet access for documents stored on OneDrive is also required, unless you install OneDrive desktop app.To keep your Office edition up-to-date and benefit from automatic updates, you should also connect to the Internet regularly. When you do not connect to the Internet at least every 31 days, your applications will go into reduced functionality mode, which means you can access or print your documents, but you will not be able to update or build new documents. Simplify reactivating your Office software by reconnecting the Internet.
To use the Office software, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you don't need to be linked to the Internet because the programs are completely installed on your computer.
What is the maximum number of Office licenses I can activate using the same Microsoft account?
Users can activate 1 Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscription, and up to 25 Office Home & Student 2019, Office Home & Business 2019, and Office Professional 2019 licenses.