Microsoft Project Server is a server for managing your projects, even if they’re large scale. The initial release on Windows was in 2000, under the name “Project Central”. The foundation for this software was Microsoft SharePoint, used for sharing and managing files between an organization.
Microsoft Project is the perfect solution for teams who work with dynamic project environments and complex scenarios. Regardless of the size of your projects, Project Server 2019 will certainly improve your management and workflow. It supports the interface from Microsoft Project Professional edition, giving you familiar user experience. It works as a client application, but you can use it by web browser connection to the Project Web App (PWA) component. This Project Web App component extends the already existing capabilities of Microsoft Project.
Microsoft Project Server 2019 is suitable for those who prefer on-premises software over Cloud-based ones. It provides enhancements and updates to already existing features, but also adds a number of new things. Allow your company or organization to take advantage of modern Enterprise Project Management on local servers at an affordable cost.
Microsoft Project Server keeps the information from your projects in a central SQL Server database, which is secure from unauthorized access or corruption. Only someone with Project Administrator rights can control access rights of users and manage security, which allows for great teamwork and management over projects.
- OS Version: Windows 10, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, or Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Display: You need a 1280 x 800 monitor resolution
- Graphics:Required DirectX 10.0 compatible graphics card
- Hard Disk: 3 GB of hard drive space
- Processor: 1.0 GHz minimum processing speed
- Memory: Minimum memory of 1 GB for 32 bit, or 2 GB for 64 bit
- Optional mouse or compatible device