- Instant Digital Download
- 24/7 live chat
- 90 Days Money Back
- Certified Partner
Microsoft Excel 2016 has a suite of useful features to make building comprehensive data sheets easier and better, including:
- Recommended Pivot Table: Excel summarizes your data with previews of various pivot-table options and allows you to select an option that best tells the story you want to share
- Flash Fill: Arguably the easiest way to reformat and rearrange your data. Excel learns and recognizes your pattern to auto-complete the remaining data, and requires no additional formulas or macros.
- Recommended Charts: By selecting this tab, Excel recommends charts that best illustrate your data patterns. You are able to quickly preview each chart and graph option and then can pick the option that best flatters the data you are showing off.
- Quick Analysis: This option allows you to discover many different ways to visually represent your data. To really make your datasheets look good, apply formatting, sparklines, charts, and tables with a single click in an easy to navigate ribbon toolbar.
- Chart Formatting Control: Fine-tune your data charts quickly and easily to make them more effective. Change the title, layout, and other chart elements from a new, more interactive interface with all the options just a click away.
- Simplified Sharing: Easily share your work with others to make collaboration even easier than before. When you save your workbooks, they are saved to SkyDrive or SharePoint by default. You are able to send links to the same file to as many people as you like, which includes their viewing and editing permissions; this way, you can be assured that everyone sees the latest version.
- Post to Social Networks: Share selected portions of your spreadsheets online by simply embedding their links on your social network and media pages.
- Present Online: Share your workbooks and collaborate with others via a Lync conversation or meeting. You can also give control of your workbooks to others.
What's new in Microsoft Excel 2016
Excel is the world's most widely used and familiar data analysis tool, especially now with the new Power BI and Power BI Desktop to provide business analysts with a powerful portfolio of analytic tools unique in the industry. The software has new and improved business analytics features and makes improvements to the design with analysts in mind.
Microsoft Excel 2016 now comes with built-in functionality that brings ease and speed to getting and transforming your data, allowing you to find and access all the data you need into one place. These new capabilities, previously only available as a separate add-in called Power Query, can be found within Microsoft Excel 2016. Access them from the Get & Transform section on the Data tab.
The Query Editor, which opens when creating a new query or opening an existing one under Get & Transform, provides intuitive data shaping and transformation options, enabling you to prepare a data set with only the information you want to see and in the way you want to see it. Each step you take to transform the data can be repeated and rearranged to help you work faster and more efficiently. When you refresh the data connections, every step you took to transform the data is preserved. And once you have the information prepared, you can share your queries easily with others.
Additional features available under the Get & Transform section include accessing recent sources you've used in previous queries and options to combine queries together. With a premium version* of Excel 2016 and a Power BI license, you can also use search to discover corporate data available to you across your company that is shared in a corporate catalog or even share your own queries with others.
Over 200 Trusted 5-Star Reviews
Easy to download. Thanks a lot.
Lynette Platt 09/01/2023
Thanks again, as I needed a solution to installation at the time that was met and completed without complaint.Recognising product that you need and t a very comparable price that I could afford.
Daniel was incredibly helpful
Daniel, at SoftwareDepot was incredibly helpful to me in resolving some activation issues I was having given that I use an older iMac. I would highly recommend working with Daniel. Job well done.
Tony M. 08/30/2023
What's the difference between Office 365 and Office 2019?
You get the premium Office software with the Office 365 subscription plans: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access (Publisher and Access are only available on a PC). Office 365 can be enabled across various devices, including PCs, Macs, Android tablets, Android phones, iPad ®, and iPhone ®. Office 365 also comes with services such as 1 TB OneDrive room, 60 Skype minutes a month and support for Microsoft chat and phone. You get the new versions of the software with a subscription, and also receive updates as they happen. Learn more about Office 365.
Office 2019 is a one-time purchase that includes classic PC or Mac applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and does not contain any of the features that come with an Office 365 subscription. One-time purchases do not have an upgrade option, which means you would need to buy it at full price if you intend to upgrade to the next major update.
How do I know my PC or Mac can run Office?
By viewing the requirements, you can verify if your computer will support your Office version.
Will Office be identical on a PC, a Mac, and a mobile device?
No. Office applications are designed to better function on each system and platform. The Office applications and version numbers available to Mac users can vary from those available to PC users.
Can people with an earlier version of Office open documents I created using Office 365 or Office 2019?
Office 365, Office 2019, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, Office 2007, Office for Mac 2011 and Office for Mac 2008 applications can open your documents without further intervention. Customers using earlier Office versions would need to download and install a compatibility pack.
Is Internet access required for Office?
Internet access is required for downloading and enabling all the new Office suites releases and all Office 365 subscription plans. Internet access is also required for Office 365 plans to control your subscription account, e.g. to install Office on other PCs or to change billing options. Internet access for documents stored on OneDrive is also required, unless you install OneDrive desktop app.To keep your Office edition up-to-date and benefit from automatic updates, you should also connect to the Internet regularly. When you do not connect to the Internet at least every 31 days, your applications will go into reduced functionality mode, which means you can access or print your documents, but you will not be able to update or build new documents. Simplify reactivating your Office software by reconnecting the Internet.
To use the Office software, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, you don't need to be linked to the Internet because the programs are completely installed on your computer.
What is the maximum number of Office licenses I can activate using the same Microsoft account?
Users can activate 1 Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscription, and up to 25 Office Home & Student 2019, Office Home & Business 2019, and Office Professional 2019 licenses.