HitmanPro - 1-Year / 3-PC is a fast all-in-one tool to locate, identify and remove viruses, malware, spyware, trojans, rootkits, and other malware. HitmanPro will quickly show if your PC is infected with malicious software. HitmanPro - 1-Year / 3-PC uses innovative cloud computing techniques to detect and remove potential malware threats with minimal impact on system performance. It finds all malicious software that is active on your PC. In just minutes all viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, rootkits, and other threats are found and removed.
HitmanPro is the malware remover of choice for tens of millions of people. Why? Because it does five things very – actually, exceptionally – well. Unlike free programs, HitmanPro doesn’t sell your information or install unwanted apps, toolbars, or advertising programs.
It’s really small. You can download HitmanPro - 1-Year / 3-PC in two seconds (unless you still have dial-up internet). It’s only 10MB. Plus, you don’t have to install it – just run it after it’s downloaded.
It scans for bad behavior. A standard antivirus program misses stuff. It’s focused on finding malware signatures that virus firms have identified as malicious. But what about new, zero-day threats that haven’t been researched? That’s why HitmanPro - 1-Year / 3-PC looks at behaviors when scanning for trojans and other malware. Bad behavior is caught, with or without a malware signature.
It uses multiple experts. Two heads are better than one. So we have four. HitmanPro leverages malware databases from four security labs, including SophosLabs, to be incredibly thorough when scanning for and cleaning up spyware and malware. More research means more powerful cleaning.
It cleans up after itself. Malware piggybacks on various programs to gain access to your computer. HitmanPro - 1-Year / 3-PC removes that malware – and it doesn’t stop there. Damaged Windows resources are brought back to their safe, original versions.
It goes deep to clean. Resilient malware can also affect critical system files and boot records to manipulate the Windows operating system and installed antivirus software. This is even before the operating system boots. HitmanPro - 3-Year / 1-PC can remove these persistent threats from within the running operating system and its boot records.
- Second Opinion Malware Scanner: HitmanPro is a second opinion scanner, designed to rescue your computer from malware (viruses, trojans, rootkits, etc.) that have infected your computer despite all the security measures you have taken (such as anti-virus software, firewalls, etc.).
- Why A Second Opinion?: Research shows that computers are still run a chance of getting infected because the existing anti-virus program is not giving you 100% protection. "32% of computers infected, despite the presence of anti-virus program."
- Compatibility: HitmanPro is designed to work alongside existing security programs without any conflicts. It scans the computer quickly (less than 5 minutes) and does not slow down the computer (except for the few minutes it is scanning). HitmanPro does not need to be installed. It can be run straight from a USB flash drive, a CD/DVD, local or network attached hard drive.
- Behavioral Scan: SurfRight has done extensive research on malware files to determine the common characteristics (behavior) of malware. The HitmanPro client uses this research in its Behavioural Scan when it scans the computer for virus activities or suspicious files that have the characteristics of malware.
- Scan Cloud: For the files that are classified as suspicious, the HitmanPro client sends a request to the Scan Cloud for confirmation if these files are indeed malicious. The Scan Cloud is a cluster of multiple computers, residing on the Internet.
Currently, HitmanPro is a Windows PC-only product compatible with all Windows versions:
- Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 8 (32 & 64 bit),
- Microsoft Windows 7 (SP1) (32 & 64 bit),
- Vista (SP2) (32 & 64 bit),
- Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 bit),
- Microsoft Windows XP SP2 (64 bit)
- Processor: 800 MHz or better
- RAM: 1 GB
- Hard Disk: 1.8 GB free space (at least 800 MB on the system drive)