Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Standard version is great, but sometimes, you might not need that much. If you are a small business with less than 25 users, the Essentials version of Windows Server 2019 could be a better choice. The Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Essentials edition comes with the most crucial features such as running traditional programs, files sharing, and print sharing.
This is the most compact version of Windows Server. It is available through digital download. Users who have previously owned Windows Server 2016 Essentials will be able to download Windows Server 2019 Essentials for free.
These are minimum system requirements for installing Microsoft Windows Server 2019 Essentials:
- Processor: 1.4 GHz 64-bit EMT64 or AMD64 processor required. The processor must support LAHF/SAHF, CMPXCHG16b, and PrefetchWNeeds.
- Disk space: 96 GB (Three times the RAM size limited to 32 GB)
- Disk controller: PCI Express Compliant Disk Controller RAM: 512 MB ECC supported Memory Modules. 800 MB for VM installations.
- Network: Gigabit Ethernet adapter with 1 Gbps throughput. PCI Express Compliant.
- Optional requirements: Trusted Platform Module. Support of UEFI 2.3.1c-based system and firmware.